Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fancy Red Delicious #2

8x10"
Pastel on sanded 300 lb paper

I have ordinary artistic talent.
I have to work at getting the drawing
down correctly, or the perspective just right.
Some days, it's just a struggle to decide what to paint.

Although, I was happy with the concept of this design,
I felt that my execution of the painting was not done well.
So, that is why I repeated it. I think that I did a
better job of the background on todays painting, but
I like the apple better in my previous post of this design.
The ground that I chose to paint on, did make a huge
difference and that is something I am still learning about.
When I paint, I learn something every time.

"There is no such thing as perfection in art. There is only the continued pursuit of passion." (Barrett Edwards)

No comments: