Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bogle Park

8x10"
Pastel on 300 lb paper

Today's painting was done on site
at a local park. It was sunny and 67 degrees
but windy as could be. My easel blew
over twice, some of my pastels were
shattered, but not my spirit!

I think it was mother nature's
way of saying, "you can capture me
on canvas, but I am still in charge, here catch this!'
as my easel blew over.

My goal was to capture the light on the arch and
on the tips of the bushes. They had a nice glow
about them this morning. One thing about
painting en plein air, is that the light is
continuously changing. By the time the group
was breaking up, the light was overhead and
there were no apparent shadows.

I enjoyed my painting time today, but next time
I will lug a big rock or a brick with me to
tie down my easel.

No comments: